Thursday, January 1, 2015


Visiting other places like Lake Sebu is not complete without experiencing their good accommodation. After our 3-hour travel from Davao City to GenSan, another couple of hours to Lake Sebu, and visiting two resorts, made my energy sapped.

Our van was bound to Monte Cielo Resort, one of the finest resorts in Lake Sebu. We were cordially welcomed by the owner and showed to us our room. The charming view of the lake from our room made me settle down and comfy. I can see the bounty of the lake as I viewed the lake with so many fish cages, while fishermen were busy in catching fish using customary fish net, birds were flying around the lake to capture fish too. 

As the darkness covered the whole Lake Sebu, different insects and other creatures clamoured my ears like sounds of T’boli instrument. The shining light from the lake was a romantic view. My eyes were already tired and ready to shut and saying ‘Goodnight lake Sebu”.

The following day, I woke up as early as 5am to see the dawn scene of the lake. The chilliness of the place made my body throb. I took a shower, since I have to get ready for another resort visitation. I’m gratified since the room were furnished with hot and cold shower. 



After my refreshing shower, I walked around the resort; my feet lead me to a corner. I was fascinated with the vast ricefield with a giant mountain background. The sunrise touched my skin and felt the warmth of the sun. I saw some farmers busy in cultivating their ricefield. A cup of coffee while sitting in the rocking chair, made of rattan, has made my morning lively.







After the visit to one of the resort nearby and spend our breakfast while touring around the place, we were back to Monte Cielo to take our lunch. The owner was the one who prepared and cooked our meal. A Filipino food cooked like a “Lutong Bahay” to made the guest feel the ethnicity of the resort. They served tinolang manok with ubad ng saging, dinuguan, laing, and other tilapia dishes. The food was great which made the entire day complete.,. 

Accommodation 

Twin Bed

Dorm Type

Family Room

Other Amenities
  • Function Hall
  • Open Cottages
  • Tree House
  • Flower Garden
  • Wifi


Contact Information
Cell # - 09179230957 
Tel # - (083) 236-1051


How to get there ?

By Air
1 hour and forty five (45) minutes flight using Manila-General Santos-Manila direct flight or Fifty five (55) minutes flight using Cebu-GeneralSantos-Cebu Route with connecting flights from key cities when you are in the Visayas. 

By Land - Bus Ride
From Davao City Overland Transport Terminal, ride a bus going to Gensan (There are 2 bus companies plying to Gensan, Holiday Bus and Yellow Bus Line). A 3-hour ride for 1-stop Digos regular aircon and less than 3 hours for executive class bus.

Another 2-hour ride by bus from General Santos to Surallah, South Cotabato which is the jump off point to Lake Sebu. 

Land - Jeepney/Van
One (1) hour ride by jeepney/van from Surallah to Poblacion Lake Sebu.

Fare:

Executive Class | Davao – Gensan – P300.00
Regular Aircon | Davao – Gensan – P190.00
Regular Bus | Gensan - Marbel - P80.00
Regular Bus | Marbel - Surallah - P30.00
Van | Surallah - Lake Sebu - P50.00

If you need a tour guide in visiting Lake Sebu, kindly contact Roy Ungkal, accredited by Municipal Tourism of lake Sebu.
Cellphone no. 09066931745








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

.

Share Your Blessings

Popular Posts

free counters