Thursday, January 15, 2015


If you already tried the longest zipline in the Philippines then you also have to try the highest zipline, not only in the Philippines but in Asia. Lake Sebu is known for its majestic waterfalls and considered to have the highest zipline in Asia. Many tourists from around the world are visiting Lake Sebu to enjoy the cool climate, attractive mountains, and the tour around the lake. This is the reason why Lake Sebu was dubbed as the “Summer Capital of Southern Mindanao”.


On our last day in Lake Sebu, the last itinerary of our Eco-Cultural Tour was to experience the zipline. Before entering the zipline area, we filled up a form and signed a waiver. In preparation, the staff assisted as to wear the zipline gear. Honestly, I have never tried zipline in my entire life. I felt nervous seeing the cliffs and the tree tops along the cable line of the zipline. I have to conquer my fear and stayed calm while watching others. 





Finally it was my turn. My heart was beating fast like the rumbling of a running horse. But I have to be brave and fought my fright to be able to experience the zipline. I was assisted by the crew. To record my zipline adventure, I used my cellphone. Eventhough it was a dangerous act, using my mobile phone, because there was a tendency that my cellphone might fall with the force of the strong wind, I was still able to finish my video upto the next tower. On my way, I was really amazed when I saw the view of the falls, the forest and the beautiful sky. I was like a bird flying freely in the sky. The wind that was hitting my body was not really bad because I can hold on to my cellphone properly. To ease my fear, I shouted loudly and uttered my alias, “Boylakwatsero”. Glory to GOD, because I did it while I was still carrying my cellphone, and most of all I was able to finish it safely.



The first zipline was the longest and we have to transfer for the second set of zipline, which was going back to our origin but on the other side of the cliff. The last zipline destination was the last stop for us to exit. I did it again and it was a huge experience that I can share to everyone.






There were available souvenirs in the area that visitors can buy. From printed t-shirt, key chain, t’boli necklaces and bracelets, handicrafts, and a lot more. 

Entrance Fee – Php20.00

Zipline rates

Weekdays – Php250.00
Weekends & Holidays – Php300.00


How to get there ?

By Air
1 hour and forty five (45) minutes flight using Manila-General Santos-Manila direct flight or Fifty five (55) minutes flight using Cebu-GeneralSantos-Cebu Route with connecting flights from key cities when you are in the Visayas. 

By Land - Bus Ride
From Davao City Overland Transport Terminal, ride a bus going to Gensan (There are 2 bus companies plying to Gensan, Holiday Bus and Yellow Bus Line). A 3-hour ride for 1-stop Digos regular aircon and less than 3 hours for executive class bus.

Another 2-hour ride by bus from General Santos to Surallah, South Cotabato which is the jump off point to Lake Sebu. 

Land - Jeepney/Van
One (1) hour ride by jeepney/van from Surallah to Poblacion Lake Sebu. Get a skylab or habal-habal as a major transport vehicle in Lake Sebu.

Fare:

Executive Class | Davao – Gensan – P300.00
Regular Aircon | Davao – Gensan – P190.00
Regular Bus | Gensan - Marbel - P80.00
Regular Bus | Marbel - Surallah - P30.00
Van | Surallah - Lake Sebu - P50.00

If you need a tour guide in visiting Lake Sebu, kindly contact Roy Ungkal, accredited by Municipal Tourism of lake Sebu.
Cellphone no. 09066931745







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

.

Share Your Blessings

Popular Posts

free counters