Saturday, March 16, 2013


From Davao City, I rode the Philtranco Bus going to Daraga Albay to see the famous Mt. Mayon. From there, I took a ride going to Manila to fetch another bus bound to Baguio City. Its cold! was my reaction when I reached Baguio City. Baguio City is known for the name as the "City of Pines" because the place is abundant with pine trees where most of these grow in the cold climate.




Its already 2 o'clock in the afternoon when I reached the downtown area. I was hungry that time, and I was a familiar food chain  the KFC, so I decided to eat there. I was already tired that day because I traveled for almost 4 days by bus. It was a dream come true for me because I love to travel and discover places around the Philippines.



University of the Cordillera

I was able to stroll downtown Baguio City and discovered the different places. I passed by the University of Cordillera formerly known as ( Baguio Colleges Foundation). Baguio Colleges was founded on June 19, 1946 as the first higher learning institution in this highland city after the devastation of World War II. 




After my strolling, I asked where the Burnham Park is located.  After he give the exact location, I walk for almost 5 minutes. When I entered the park, I saw many tourist flocked while enjoying the nature.

A brief history,  Burnham Park is an urban park located at the heart of the City of Baguio, in the Philippines. It was named after the American architect and urban planner, Daniel Hudson Burnham who laid the plans for the city.The park features a man-made lake situated at the center where tourists can enjoy boating with rented boats. At the southern part of the park, a skating rink was constructed.

The Melvin Jones Grand Stand and Football Field at the eastern part of the park are normally used for several activities like parades, concerts, and political rallies. The Children's Park and the Orchidarium is located at the western part of the park. There are also bike rentals if one so wishes. You can rent either single bikes, tandem bikes or even bikes with side cars. They even have small bikes for the little kids of both two and three wheel versions. A bust of Daniel Burnham was erected in the northern section where a rose garden is also located.











0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

.

Share Your Blessings

Popular Posts

free counters